Phoenix, Ariz. (May 21, 2018) – Christopher Todd Communities is bringing its innovative single-family rental home concept to the East Valley. The Phoenix-based development company has purchased nearly 12 acres of land at the southwest corner of Ellsworth and University in Mesa, a prime location. Grading work on the land is expected to begin late this summer, with residents moving in in late-2019.
The company plans to develop a rental community comprised of 145 one- and two-bedroom, single-story, single-family homes which include all appliances – even full-size washers and dryers. The community will incorporate the most innovative smart gated access control, as well as full in-home security that include keyless door entry, doorbell camera and alarm. Optional garages will be available.
The company will deliver the most advanced integrated technology package available. Residents will have fiber optic internet speeds of 1000/1000 mbps. The smart home system, delivered via a partnership with Vivint Smart Homes, includes climate and entertainment control, both of which can be accessed via a smart phone or tablet, with verbal commands available via Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
“There is a big part of the housing market that doesn’t want to buy. Our residents see the benefit of a maintenance-free lifestyle, combined with the advantages of living in a single-family home,” said Todd Wood, CEO of Christopher Todd Communities. The homes have care-free fenced backyards and doggy doors will be standard, which means Fido can come and go as needed.
The community will feature a resort-style pool and spa, accompanied by an inviting living room-style ramada with double-sided fireplace and flat screen TV’s. An event lawn will be in the center of the community to foster resident interaction.
Christopher Todd Communities is shaking up the multi-family industry with its unique rental offering. The company refers to this concept as “horizontal living” as opposed to the vertical concept typically found in apartment communities that are two- or more-stories tall. No one lives above or below.
Christopher Todd Communities projects to date:
- Christopher Todd Communities On Greenway, 136-homes at Greenway and Litchfield Roads in Surprise, opened December, 2017 and is nearly leased up.
- Christopher Todd Communities at Country Place, 154-homes at 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye in Phoenix is under construction with an anticipated first move-ins in the Fall, 2018.
- Christopher Todd Communities at Camelback, 167-homes at Camelback and El Mirage Roads on Maricopa County land, is under construction with anticipated first move-ins in December, 2018
- Christopher Todd Communities At Marley Park, 173-homes at Bullard and Waddell Roads in Surprise, is under construction with initial residents arriving in mid-2019.
- Christopher Todd Communities At Stadium, 313-homes with first move-ins anticipated in early-2019.
Additionally, the company has already purchased land in the following locations:
- Estrella Commons in Goodyear – 286 homes
- Vistancia in Maricopa County – 222 homes
- McDowell and 91st Avenue in Phoenix – 166 homes
- Indian School and Dysart Roads in Avondale – 370 homes
The company also has land under contract in the following cities:
- Queen Creek
About Christopher Todd Communities
Christopher Todd Communities is an Arizona-based real estate development company with a specific, unique niche in horizontal multi-family communities. The company creates technology-forward, luxury, single-family rental homes in professionally-managed, gated communities. The homes are an alternative to traditional apartment living. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona the company is founded on the principles of creating innovative neighborhoods of distinction while investing in the community to provide a hand up to those in need. The company was created by Arizona entrepreneur Todd Wood. Corporate and Investor information is available at www.ChristopherToddProperties.com. Consumer and community information is available at http://www.christophertoddcommunities.com/, https://www.facebook.com/LiveAtCTC/, Twitter @LiveAtCTC, LinkedIn.com/company/Christopher-Todd-Communities, Instagram @LiveAtCTC